How To Guide | Tips And Tricks | Tutorials | Africa | Europe | America

This blog is specifically devoted to tutorials on Health tips, Yellow fever vaccine, and many more communicable diseases.

LightBlog

Breaking

Friday, February 2, 2018

How to take screenshot in Linux


 Taking Screenshot In Linux


Linux is a powerful and diverse operating system and as a result of that, naturally the screenshot tools for the platform are just as powerful and diverse.

The different types of these screenshot tools available range from simple and easy-to-use to powerful command-line tools that offer the ability to script that automate the process.

Screenshot is an image taken by a computer to capture the visible items on the monitor or any other output devices.

There are several ways of taking screenshots in Linux but I will limit the discussion to one of the simplest and commonest means of taking screenshots in Linux thus using gnome-screenshot.

Related Article: WhatsApp New Update Block Taking Screenshots.

Use gnome-screenshot

The first most important way of taking screenshots in Linux is by using Tools that can give flexibility with respect to editing the captured screenshot among other benefits. When one is looking for a tool in Linux to do such a job, the Gnome-screenshot comes into play. Gnome-screenshot utility is part of the GNOME Desktop Environment, which can also be used to take screenshot. It also has a command line mode (gnome-screenshot)
Use gnome-screenshot Command line
This utility has much more features as well as flexibility when taking screenshots and is included in some linux distributions by default. However if your linux operating system does not come pre-installed the here is how to install it.

$ sudo apt-get install gnome-screenshot


check the screenshot below



To display all the commands available and to also find more usage about gnome-screenshot, enter the code below

$ gnome-screenshot -help


 
The output is as shown in the screenshot above.

From the command-line, use the -a option to do the same. Once this command is entered, the mouse pointer will be changed, and you can drag and select which area to take screenshot.
$ gnome-screenshot -a
To Use the UI mode from the terminal enter the following code
$ gnome-screenshot -i
From the command-line to take the screenshot of the current active window alone, use the -w option as follows:
$ gnome-screenshot -w

Take Screenshot After Some Delay:

From the UI, you can also set a delay before taking the screenshots. Set the “Grab after a delay” to the required number of seconds. This will be really helpful when we need to take screen shots of navigation.

From the command-line, use -d option to do the same. -d 5 is used for delaying the screenshot for 2 seconds. So within the 5 seconds, we can make the window which we want to take screenshot as active.
$ gnome-screenshot -w -d 5
From the command line, this command will include the window border along with the screenshot.
$ gnome-screenshot -w -b
The following command will exclude the window border from the screenshot.
$ gnome-screenshot -w -B

Capture a Particular Area:

From the UI use the three buttons to either Grab the whole screen or Grab the current window and if you want to take a particular rectangle area alone, then select “Grab a Particular area” and click “Take Screenshot”.









Take Screenshot Including or Excluding Window Border:

From the UI, you can also include or exclude the window border by selecting/deselecting “Include the Window Border” option by first selecting include pointer.

I hope this is OK for now though may not be enough as there are tons of other similar and even more versatile tools for capturing screenshots.


Share your opinion and suggestion in the comment section below.





3 comments:

  1. Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's true. Herbal is real. I'm so happy now cos all of my wasted years are gone, does years of tears and sorrows. I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes, I never believed myself been affected with Herpes Until now.I heard so much about the virus.I was so ashamed of myself to show up publicly. My doctor ,had to give me the Antibiotics like the acyclovir, which only helps to reduce outbreak, and I was concerned with cure cose the rashes where so painful and uncomfortable to my life .I thought I should engage consuming much of friuts, and vegetables for remedy still nothing to sure whenever I goes for checkup. With time, I became interested with Herbs and I decided to check online if there could be possible remedy regarding to what my friend Lucy told me about Dr. Awada herbal medicine that saved her Aunts life from Aunt from the HIV, haven visited many hospitals no cure to show. I had to try my luck believing God for cure. Collected the mail and contacted the herbalist for possible remedy and requested for the Herpes medicine. He was so kind, cos have spent almost everything with me then, he prepared and sent the medicine with guidelines of how to apply at a very low price. I do received the medicine and used as instructed, I became to feel relieved and more energy in me,the blisters where gradually diminishing till I could see them no more. I quickly went to check for checkup and I was cured from the Herpes. No sign till date.Thanks so much to all those who contribute to my breakthrough. Dr.Awada can cure you and you will be happy in less than 2 weeks. write back if you got cure so the world will know what to do to reduce herpes and other most deathly virus in the world.Kindly contact Dr Awada drawadaherbalhome@gmail.comrequest for your herbal medicine for all sickness, including HIV/AIDS,HPV,CANCER, DIABETES, HEPATITIS, KIDNEY FALIUR WEEK ERECTION,LOW SPAM COUNT, FIBROIDS,....GET YOUR CURE NOW
    drawadaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to inform the general public that I am finally cured from Herpes simplex virus recently with the use of herbal medicine, the powerful herbal medicine cured me completely and i was tested negative after usage, I am using this means to inform other's who have the virus that there is a cure for Herpes simplex 1&2 . It is absolutely true. I was cured by Dr Alli, only him I can recognize who cure Herpes perfectly well. I will advice you to contact this great doctor who God has send to put an end to the sorrowful and deadly disease. Contact him via Email  Allispellhelp1@gmail.com or add him on WhatsApp +2348100772528

    ReplyDelete