How To Guide | Tips And Tricks | Tutorials | Africa | Europe | America

This blog is specifically devoted to tutorials on Health tips, Yellow fever vaccine, and many more communicable diseases.

LightBlog

Breaking

Monday, January 29, 2018

Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)

Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA): Definition

Abnormality that results from persistence of the foetal ductus arteriosus in the post natal period


PDA: Anatomy

Ductus arteriosus
Foetal vascular structure
Originates from pulmonary confluence
Terminates in the left sided descending aorta just beyond origin of the left subclavian artery.
Serves as a conduit connecting pulmonary artery to aorta

 

 

PDA: maintenance of patency

High levels of circulatory and locally derived PGE2 and PGI2
These cause relaxation of ductal smooth muscle and maintain ductal patency
O2 exerts a constrictive effect
Low Po2 in ductal blood also maintain patency.

PDA: Closure of the ductus

Changes begins at birth
Closure is in two stages


Early phase

Constriction of smooth muscles in ductal wall occur in first few hours after birth
Triggered by increase in ductal blood PO2 and a rapid fall in PG levels ( removal of placental source )

Late phase

Results from fibrosis of the ductus, evolves over the next few weeks.
Usually completed by 8weeks of postnatal life.


PDA: Pathophysiology

Effects due to L → R shunt

Small shunt

Flow is low volume and haemodynamic effects minimal
Turbulence of the high velocity jet however predisposes to infective endocarditis

Large shunt

Large increase in pulmonary blood flow
Severe left ventricle volume overload  → CHF

Moderate shunt

Effects are intermediate

PDA: Clinical features

Small ductus

Asymptomatic
Incidental finding on routine examination

Large ductus

Failure to thrive
Congestive heart failure
Repeated respiratory infections

Physical examination

LV volume overload
Large pulse pressure
Collapsing pulse
Machinery murmur in pulmonary area

 

 

 PDA: Diagnosis

History
Physical examination
CXR
ECG
ECHO
Cardiac catheterisation

PDA: Treatment

Medical
Treatment of CHF
Treatment of infection
Pharmacological inducement of ductal closure in preterm infants
Indomethacin 0.1 – 0.2mg/kg 8hrly x 3doses
Surgical
Open/ conventional surgical ligation
Thoracoscopic techniques
Interventional catheter techniques

3 comments:

  1. Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's true. Herbal is real. I'm so happy now cos all of my wasted years are gone, does years of tears and sorrows. I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes, I never believed myself been affected with Herpes Until now.I heard so much about the virus.I was so ashamed of myself to show up publicly. My doctor ,had to give me the Antibiotics like the acyclovir, which only helps to reduce outbreak, and I was concerned with cure cose the rashes where so painful and uncomfortable to my life .I thought I should engage consuming much of friuts, and vegetables for remedy still nothing to sure whenever I goes for checkup. With time, I became interested with Herbs and I decided to check online if there could be possible remedy regarding to what my friend Lucy told me about Dr. Awada herbal medicine that saved her Aunts life from Aunt from the HIV, haven visited many hospitals no cure to show. I had to try my luck believing God for cure. Collected the mail and contacted the herbalist for possible remedy and requested for the Herpes medicine. He was so kind, cos have spent almost everything with me then, he prepared and sent the medicine with guidelines of how to apply at a very low price. I do received the medicine and used as instructed, I became to feel relieved and more energy in me,the blisters where gradually diminishing till I could see them no more. I quickly went to check for checkup and I was cured from the Herpes. No sign till date.Thanks so much to all those who contribute to my breakthrough. Dr.Awada can cure you and you will be happy in less than 2 weeks. write back if you got cure so the world will know what to do to reduce herpes and other most deathly virus in the world.Kindly contact Dr Awada drawadaherbalhome@gmail.comrequest for your herbal medicine for all sickness, including HIV/AIDS,HPV,CANCER, DIABETES, HEPATITIS, KIDNEY FALIUR WEEK ERECTION,LOW SPAM COUNT, FIBROIDS,....GET YOUR CURE NOW
    drawadaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. Dr itua healing herbs.
    The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passed
    When I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified in africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.
    My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv and my tinnitus so why I'm leaving my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.
    Dr Itua cures the following diseases..... Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia. ,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Tinnitus,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer ,Thyroid Cancer.
    You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com .www.drituaherbalcenter.com.

    ReplyDelete